Search This Blog

Food Friday



5 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Ms. Iska, with her post: Tuyo Fried Rice, on her blog, ISKAndals.com

I have heard of this dish but never tried it myself. I LOVE (can never emphasize it enough, lol) tuyo (dried salted fish) so I just know that this is a dish that I know I must try making myself! Hopefully, soon. If you want to know Ms. Iska's version, then do click  the shot above.
------------ oo000oo -------------
This was one of the restaurants that we went to, while in Davao City (Philippines): (The Original) Conching's Native Chicken and Fastfood. I believe that this is a branch of a similarly named restaurant in Cebu, which is well known for their unique barbecued native chicken, imbao (clam), and "puso" (rice cooked in a pouch made from coconut leaves). I couldn't resist trying their moist chocolate cake and crab relleno, too. :P


What we had, together with plain steamed white rice (their brown rice "puso" wasn't available yet), bottled water, and pineapple juice:

I must admit: their barbecued native chicken tastes different. I mean that in a good way, since aside from the usual lemongrass and spring onions they also added other herbs inside the chicken's cavity; which is somehow familiar but I just can't name (... maybe anise? or rosemary?!). The chicken was tender, too. But what I really loved that night was the clam soup - so similar to what we used to have at least once a week, back home. My mom prefers a different type of bivalves, though. Forgot the name, but the soup tastes the same.

The crab relleno and the moist chocolate cake wasn't that great, though. Something was lacking in both. Maybe I should have tried their grilled squid or their kinilaw (tuna "cooked" in vinegar), instead. Next time ... :)

Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a blast this weekend!




5 shared thoughts:

Oggi at: Fri Apr 26, 05:02:00 AM GMT+8 said...

The resto looks nice *too bad about the cake and crab relleno*; at least the chicken is good.:)

Jenn at: Fri Apr 26, 06:46:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Sis, pasalubong from Davao, ha? Hehehe. :) I love to have some of that Imbao de Cebu... been quite sometime since I last ate clams.

Intelliblog at: Sat Apr 27, 06:51:00 AM GMT+8 said...

All those look delicious!
Thanks for hosting.

Winnie at: Sun Apr 28, 04:42:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thank you for the party
I'd actually want this chocolate cake that you had :)

Iska at: Mon Apr 29, 09:57:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I'm loving the clam soup! Looks very inviting :-)

And thank you very much for the feature!

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post