Search This Blog

Food Friday



20 shared thoughts
This was again another experiment...tofu with ground pork.

I have always liked tofu, but hubby isn't much of a fan, so buying tofu isn't always on my to-buy list. However, since hubby's rarely at home now (it's job related, and not what you might think. LOL) I thought I'd indulge myself. So, got myself a block of Japanese tofu (the soft kind) and some ground pork...

I know I have read somewhere something about pork-filled tofu and since I couldn't remember the exact recipe I thought I'd just "improvise". First I divided the tofu into four equal parts then placed each one in an aluminum-like container which was brushed with olive oil. The ground pork was mixed with rock salt, freshly ground black pepper, some mixed herbs (rosemary, thyme, marjoram, basil, oregano, and sage), smoked paprika, soy sauce, and loads of mashed garlic. I made a small slit on top of the tofu and placed some meat inside, then proceeded to place some more on to the sides...did the same thing to the three tofu left, too. Steamed it for around 30mins (I wanted to make sure the meat was cooked thoroughly)...and when it was done I sprinkled some fresh spring onions and dried chili flakes on top.

Verdict: Even if the tofu went out of shape, my twelve-year old and I loved it! My two-year old found it weird, but he still ate some, together with steamed rice. lol.

Will definitely cook this again, though this time maybe I should check online for recipes about pork-filled tofu. I think I should have used the 'hard' tofu too, so that it wouldn't go 'melting' on me! lol

post for:


Reminder: Please link back here (you may use the Food Friday buttons located on the right sidebar) if you're playing... and don't forget to visit other players and leave them some comment love! thank you.♥

20 shared thoughts:

☺lani☺ at: Fri Jul 08, 12:12:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I miss tofu! I'm having a hard time linking up, using iphone... http://angelescityandbeyond.blogspot.com/2011/07/last-meal-for-now.html

maiylah at: Fri Jul 08, 03:56:00 AM GMT+8 said...

hi, Lani
...will go visit your post
...appreciate your playing again!♥

sweets at: Fri Jul 08, 04:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

that's a different recipe, looks yummy! :)

maiylah at: Fri Jul 08, 04:32:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Angi
...yup, totally new for me and my family, too! good thing it wasn't a total disaster. lol
...appreciate much your playing again!♥

Julie at: Fri Jul 08, 07:38:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hmmm... looks good :D ang alam lang ng mga anak ko sa tofu yung pork and tofu combi, LOL, try ko nga yan. Thanks for sharing.

Happy FF!

peachkins at: Fri Jul 08, 12:13:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I've seen a recipe of that and I so wanna try that too!!

maiylah at: Fri Jul 08, 12:31:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, T. Julie
...oo nga, mas kilala ung tokwa't baboy. hehehe. this one's steamed, though...kaya medyo iba. yup, try mo rin! :)

thanks, Peach
...ako hahanapin ko p ulit ung recipe...i hope i'll be able to see your post when you cook something similar! :)

many thanks, ladies!
enjoy the rest of the week! ♥

Unknown at: Fri Jul 08, 01:09:00 PM GMT+8 said...

wow, ang sarap naman niyan.. kakagutom tuloy.. hehehe

happy Food Friday :)

Unknown at: Fri Jul 08, 03:32:00 PM GMT+8 said...

i thought i wasn't able to leave my link last night (or this morning rather :p). inlinkz was having a tantrum.

i had sizzling tofu with ground pork in a Japanese bistro. your spices would surely make the tofu tasty.;)

Halie at: Fri Jul 08, 05:14:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Thanks for a new idea on how to cook tofu! I should try this one out and soon

Heather S-G at: Fri Jul 08, 08:12:00 PM GMT+8 said...

This is so different to me, but sounds and looks really, really good! Thanks so much for hosting. My picture didn't show up again...I don't know why it does that to me sometimes. grrr.... =)

Oggi at: Fri Jul 08, 08:18:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love tofu and your dish looks extra yummy. A must try!:)

The stuffed tofu recipe I follow is a Chinese-style using firm tofu and braised in a little liquid or pan-fried.

Kay Little at: Fri Jul 08, 09:21:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Lovely blog...enjoying your linky!

Jenn at: Fri Jul 08, 10:22:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Kakaiba ito...something I would like to try, too.

Dinner at Six Thirty at: Fri Jul 08, 11:14:00 PM GMT+8 said...

yum! I'm always looking for new tofu recipes! thanks for sharing! ☺

maiylah at: Sat Jul 09, 05:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Vhen
...same with your post..nakakagutom din! lol

thanks, LM
...nagkatopak ba si mr. inlinkz? hmmmm, masabihan nga ang may.ari...
...oo nga, sarap ng post mo! had me drooling!

thanks, Halie
...yeah, but do use the firm tofu!

thanks, Heather
...your picture's just fine...thanks so much for playing again!

thanks, Ms. Oggi
...I should have checked online for the recipe, kaso tamad. lol. next time i'll use the firm one.

thanks, Kay
...will add my post to your linky...am just having trouble linking up to yours... :(
...will try in a different browser (tried google chrome and firefox, but nada!)

thanks, Jenn
...yup, it's easy and fast. try it!

thanks, Dinner at Six Thirty
...appreciate much your visit!
...visited you back :)

many many thanks again to those who played this week!
learned so much!!!!!!!
thank you, and enjoy your weekend ♥

Kelsey Ann at: Sat Jul 09, 11:20:00 AM GMT+8 said...

WOW so fancy!!! looks like artwork!! <3

maiylah at: Sat Jul 09, 04:28:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Kelsey
...you think so? lol.
...Nutters looks so cute, and loved that yoghurt, fruits, and fiber mix that you posted!

Cheerful at: Tue Jul 12, 01:07:00 PM GMT+8 said...

wow, that looks really delicious...and you've done it well with presentation, great shot as always! i want to try it, thanks for sharing! and i am commenting last maybe...hehehe, but done visiting all FF entries! have a great week. :)

maiylah at: Tue Jul 12, 03:39:00 PM GMT+8 said...

awww, thanks Cheerful
...much much appreciated! ♥

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post