Search This Blog

Thursday Thirteen



18 shared thoughts


Thirteen Things about maiylah
Thirteen Reasons Why I Decided to be a SAHM
(Stay-At-Home-Mom)


1. I was too paranoid to hire a nanny
i know, i think i've been watching too many movies back then ... and reading too many detective books! lol

2. I wanted to be there when my son did those "first things"
like the first time he smiled back at me ... so precious!

3. I enjoyed just lazing around the house
nothing beats sleeping till your head hurts! lol

4. I very well wouldn't have much time for blogging if I had a day job
well, unless i skip on sleeping ...

5. I have the time to take pictures ... lots of them. :)
yeah, lots ...

6. I have the time to learn stuffs through the internet, for free!
like photoshop techniques, taking good pictures, blogging ...

7. I like the idea of being here (at home) when my son or husband arrives
my son from school, and my hubby from work ...

8. I can watch my favorite tv shows uninterrupted
lol ...

9. I am the boss here (at home)
hopefully, i'm not a tyrant, or anything ...

10. There are only two schedules to consider, when we decide on going on long trips
my son's school, and hubby's work, schedules

11. I have the time to "just be" with my son and learn stuffs from his views and opinions
believe me, sometimes his views and opinions are way more mature than mine!

12. I have the time to visit my sisters whenever i want to
i visit them almost everyday!

13. I am loving it (being a SAHM) too much to give it up now! :)
life isn't all a bed of roses, of course; but considering things, i'm pretty much satisfied!
I believe i need those ups and downs to spice things up a bit. :)


Links to other Thursday Thirteens




The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


18 shared thoughts:

Susan Demeter at: Thu Jun 14, 09:16:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Great reasons! I was a SAHM with my two older kids, and went back to work with my third. In many ways I wish I would have stayed home longer with my youngest. I'm back to be at home again for the time being and really enjoying it. Happy TT, and thanks for stopping by!

Crimson Wife at: Thu Jun 14, 10:43:00 AM GMT+8 said...

#2 is so important. I had to go back to work full-time out of economic necessity when my oldest was 9 mos and it just broke my heart that I didn't see her first steps, etc. I've been lucky enough to be a SAHM for my 2nd and boy am I thankful!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) at: Thu Jun 14, 11:27:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I totally love being a stay at home mom! Even though I went to college, people would ask me what I wanted to do and my answer was always the same "SAHM". I feel blessed to be able to live my dream :)

Anonymous at: Thu Jun 14, 12:11:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I have many of the same reasons -- especially 2, 7, and 11.

Another reason for me was that, of all the different work situations and day care situations I had growing up -- nothing beat having mom at home.

I'm so glad the Lord has allowed me to be a SAHM for 22 years!

Drew at: Thu Jun 14, 01:14:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Well I don't guess we were too paranoid to do #1. We are too poor *lol*. Great list and spending the summer home with my kids I'm getting to experience some of those things like the joys of blogging.

Anonymous at: Thu Jun 14, 04:38:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Given a chance, ganyan din pipiliin ko, Maiylah. Mas ok nga yan kasi siguradong buhos attention mo sa family ;)

Where u ba, sis? Sorry di pa ako nagkalkal ng archives mo eh :)

Miscellaneous-Mum at: Thu Jun 14, 05:41:00 PM GMT+8 said...

All great reasons, I concur. You're very lucky!

Anonymous at: Thu Jun 14, 07:57:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I could not agree more. Beautifully said.

Joely Sue Burkhart at: Thu Jun 14, 08:16:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Sounds heavenly. Sigh.

Anonymous at: Thu Jun 14, 09:55:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Sounds like you are very comfortable and happy in your life. Nice TT! Thanks for visiting mine.

L^2 at: Fri Jun 15, 01:33:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I don't have any kids, but these all sound like great reasons to me!

Thanks for visiting my TT. :-)

impwork at: Fri Jun 15, 02:07:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Everyone should enjoy life however they live it. Glad your enjoying yours.

PJ at: Fri Jun 15, 03:53:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Great list. Thanks for visiting my TT.

Ann at: Fri Jun 15, 06:56:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Great list. Happy TT.

Anonymous at: Fri Jun 15, 09:52:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi,
Thanks for the lovely comment :)
I did both - sometimes I'd be home for a while, and then I'd go out and make some money so I could stay home for a while again.
It's nice to be there when they come home from school.
Mine was always starving when she came through the door LOL
Take care.

Vlado&Toni at: Fri Jun 15, 11:15:00 PM GMT+8 said...

very good :) i love your pictures so i'm sure glad you have the time to take photos now :)

Qtpies7 at: Sat Jun 16, 12:09:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love being a sahm! I love working, too, because I get away from the hooligans some, but mostly being at home is just better for everyone.
The main reason I do it now is that it keeps them from killing each other while I'm gone.

BeccA's Buzz at: Sat Jun 16, 01:32:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Do you every scrapbook your photos??

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post